BIADA was constituted under the statutory provision of the Bihar Industrial Area Development Act 1974 with a mission to promote and assist industrialisation and create awareness about the Industrial Policy of state as well as creating environment for consistent growth of Industries in the state. There are 50 Industrial Areas (IA) / Industrial Estates (IE) / Large Industrial Estates (LIE) / Growth Centres (GC) / Mega Industrial Parks (MIP) under 4 Regional Offices as follows :
- Patna – IA Patliputra, IA Fatuha, IA Hajipur, EPIP Hajipur, IA Biharsharif, IA Nawada, IA Gaya, IA Jehanabad, IA Aurangabad, GC Aurangabad, IA Dehri-on-Sone, IA Barun, IA Bikramganj, IA Buxar, IA Bihiya, GC Giddha, IA Bihta, MIP Bihta, IA Barauni, IA Kopakalan.
- Bhagalpur – LIE Barari, IA Jamalpur, IA Munger, IA Sitakund, IA Lakhisarai, GC Kahalgaon, GC Maranga, IE Purnea City, IE Forbesganj, IE Katihar, IE Khagara (Kishanganj), IE Bhediadangi.
- Muzaffarpur – IA Sitamarhi, IA Siwan, IA/IE Muzaffarpur, IA Bettiah, IA Kumarbagh, IA Ramnagar, IA Raxaul.
- Darbhanga – IE Bela, IE Dharampur, IA Donar, IA Pandaul, IE Jhanjharpur, IE Samastipur, GC Khagariya, IE Saharsa, IE Murliganj, MGC Udakishanganj.
- To promote and develop infrastructure for industries in the industrial area such as road, drainage, water, power.
- To help, support entrepreneurs to setup industries and provide assistance and incentives under the industrial policy of the State.
- Dissemination of Information about the Industrial Policy and create an investor friendly atmosphere in the state.